Businesses across all industries are running more and more applications at edge locations. Traditionally, these applications were run in virtual machines (VMs). With the emergence of Kubernetes and microservices architectures, more applications are being containerized, which means cloud native compute stacks need to be run at the edge as well.
The VMware Tanzu edge solution architecture described in this paper offers a best practice for running a cloud native stack at edge locations using the ROBO topology. In this paper, we’ll address the following challenges at the edge:
- Running and managing Kubernetes infrastructure
- Providing a consistent development and deployment environment for applications across the cloud, data center and edge
- Managing a fleet of Kubernetes clusters
- Proactively monitoring clusters and apps
- Supporting security and compliance of edge environments
- Managing the modern application lifecycle, architecture, and release strategies that are dependent on edge constraints
Download the white paper today!