Will we see you at SpringOne 2022? I'll be there!
Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Month in Spring! Can you believe it's already been a month since we last spoke? Me either. Because it hasn't! I'm writing this a little ahead of time because I'm going on vacation for a bit, and I didn't want to miss this! It's summertime (in the Northern Hemisphere, anyway), and the vacation game is strong, but that doesn't mean that we should stop learning. Quite the contrary: if it's overly hot outside, it's nice to be able to dive into something relaxing and educational on a hot day! And it has indeed been hot out there of late. I've seen news reports of varying levels of concern. Apparently, it's so hot that they're shutting down airports in the UK! I can't even believe it. I can believe it in places like Phoenix, AZ (where I've lived, dear reader), where it routinely gets to 100+ degrees. (Wow. I just checked the weather, and it's 110 Farenheit there! That's 43.3 Celcius. That's hotter than your CPU when running Slack!) Be careful out there, my friends.
Make sure to have a little fun, though. The darker, colder days are coming soon, and you don't wanna say you missed out on the good weather if you have it. Do you know what else is coming soon? Almost as if to rejuvenate the colder, darker months? SpringOne 2022! And it's being held in my hometown of San Francisco, CA, where I live, in person, December 6-8th, 2022! I'll be there and so will thousands of others. I hope you'll join us!
We've got a ton of cool stuff to dive into, so let's get right to it!
- A Bootiful Podcast: Nate Schutta: The Thinking Person's Architect, My Friend, and Teammate
- Blog: Kubernetes Gateway API Graduates to Beta
- JWT Authentication with OAuth2 Resource Server and an external Authorization Server
- Kotlin & Spring Boot: Building a Rest API
- Release v1.5.1 · toedter/spring-hateoas-jsonapi
- Spring Boot – Keycloak Integration Testing with Testcontainers
- Spring Boot – Testing Redis With Testcontainers
- Spring Data 2022.0.0-M5 2021.2.2 and 2021.1.6 released
- Spring Data Rest – Serializing the Entity ID
- Spring Framework 6.0.0-M5 and 5.3.22 available now
- Spring Native 0.12.1 available now
- Spring Security 5.8.0-M1 and 6.0.0-M6 are released
- Spring Tips: Kubernetes Native Java (Redux, 2022)
- In last week's podcast, I talked to Kubernetes contributor and fellow Tanzu Developer Advocate Leigh Capili
- Distributed Tracing With OpenTelemetry, Spring Cloud Sleuth, Kafka, and Jaeger
- Ingress vs. Load Balancer in Kubernetes
- Instantiating Multiple Beans of the Same Class with Spring Annotations
- Curious about when and why to use Java 14 Records vs. Lombok? Check out this article
- I put together this little example, thanks to Reactor lead Simon Baslé, showing how to handle pagination with the
expandoperator in Project Reactor: Pagination in a Reactive Application. It looks at how to elegantly expand the contents of a reactive stream as new data (in a data pagination scenario) becomes available.
- Spring Shell 2.1.0-RC1 is now available
- Pushing a Docker Image to a Self-Hosted Registry
- Spring for Apache Kafka 2.9 Release Candidate Available
- This Apache Maven Survival Guide is quite interesting, to me at least!
- The last of my eight-part series on building GraphQL applications with Spring for GraphQL is up! Check that page out and find links to all eight videos, each of which introduces one interesting dimension of the powerful and novel new Spring for GraphQL project.
- In last week's installment of A Bootiful Podcast, I talk to Spring Developer Advocate Dan Vega
- Processing the Response Body in Spring Cloud Gateway
- Spring Cloud 2020.0.6 is available
- UUID as Entity ID in MongoDB
- I liked this post over on Dzone: Are All Kubernetes Ingresses the Same?
- Want to learn more about how to build GraalVM native images for Spring Boot 2. x-generation applications? Check out this article I wrote for InfoQ on Spring Native and GraalVM
- The good folks over at Vaadin have put together a nice tutorial on building full-stack Spring Boot applications using their Java web framework called Hilla - check it out!
- our friends over at Sivalabs have put together an interesting-looking tutorial on how to use Spring Boot and Kubernetes together
- Spring Boot team member Stéphane Nicoll did a French-language presentation for DevFest Lille recently introducing Spring AOT
- A Bootiful Podcast: JVM and .NET legend Ted Neward on... just about everything
- Spring Boot 2.6.9 is available now
- Spring Boot 2.7.1 is available now
- Spring Tips: Learn Spring for GraphQL (the last two episodes: parts 7 and 8)
- Unique Field in MongoDB Document in Spring Data
- Build 27 of Java 19, early access, is now available
- On that note, Build 2 of Java 20 - yes, Java 20! - is also available now!
- The Apache Software Foundation has also released Apache Tomcat 8.5.81
- This is an interesting review of the first principles of Spring and
- I liked this article, exhaustive JUnit 5 testing with combinations, permutations, and products
- Bootiful Podcast: Spring Framework contributor Sébastien Deleuze on GraalVM, AOT, project Leyden, and WebAssembly
- CVE report published for Spring Cloud Function
- Debugging Collections, Streams and Watch Renderers
- Difference Between Flux.create and Flux.generate
- Handle Spring Security Exceptions With @ExceptionHandler
- MongoDB Composite Key With Spring Data
- Spring Authorization Server 0.3.1 available now
- Monitoring Spring Boot applications using Spring Boot Admin
- Spring Data 2021.2.1 and 2021.1.5 released
- Spring Data JPA – Run an App Without a Database
- Spring Data MongoDB SpEL Expression Injection Vulnerability (CVE-2022-22980)
- Spring Framework 5.3.21 available now
- Spring Security 5.7.2 and 5.6.6 available now
- Spring Tools 4.15.0 released
- Spring Tools 4.15.1 released
- What are the Spring Boot Default Memory Settings?
- A Guide to Docker Private Registry
- Is There a Destructor in Java?
C'ya in August!
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Visit Website More Content by Josh Long