Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Month in Spring wherein I endeavor as best as I can to capture the latest-and-greatest in the wide, wacky, and wonderful world of Springdom!
But fiiirst: are you coming to SpringOne 2022? This is our first in-person event since the pandemic and it's when we release Spring Framework 6 and Spring Boot 3, the next generation of Spring and Spring Boot respectively. It's running 6-8 December here in my hometown of sunny San Francisco, CA! Register now at SpringOne.io and use the code
S1VM22_Advocate_200 to get $200 off the current registration price.
I hope you're doing well. I've got a busy October planned. I hope to see some of you around, too! I'll be at Devoxx in Belgium; JavaOne in Las Vegas, NV, USA; and Confluent Current in Austin, TX, USA. I sure hope to see you there.
We've got a ton of things to look into, so let's dive right into it.
- Big data legend, former Pivot and friend to the Spring community: Tim Spann
- Spring Cloud Dataflow 2.9.6 Released
- Spring Data 2022.0.0-M6, 2021.2.3, and 2021.1.7 released
- Spring Data REST Vulnerability (CVE-2022-31679)
- Spring Framework 6.0.0-M6 and 5.3.23 available now
- Spring Security 6.0.0-M7 and 5.8.0-M3 are released
- Spring Tools 4.16.0 released
- 15 Best Spring Framework Blogs and Websites in 2022
- Blog: Kubernetes 1.25: Two Features for Apps Rollouts Graduate to Stable
- Difference Between Class.getResource() and ClassLoader.getResource()
- Map a JSON POST to Multiple Spring MVC Parameters
- I'm honored to be included in a list of 30 Small Business IT Influencers Worth Following in 2022
- A Bootiful Podcast: Hashicorp's Rosemary Wang on securing the intersection of apps and ops with Hashicorp Vault
- a nice video by my colleague Dan Vega: Spring Security JWT
- I also loved Dan's video on Spring Security without the
- Dispatching Queries in Axon Framework
- Guide to Find the Java .class Version
- Spring Cloud 2021.0.4 (codename Jubilee) Has Been Released
- Static Fields and Garbage Collection
- Blog: Announcing the Auto-refreshing Official Kubernetes CVE Feed
- Blog: Kubernetes 1.25: KMS V2 Improvements
- Blog: Kubernetes’s IPTables Chains Are Not API
- this is an interesting post looking at how to use JUnit with Spring Boot. The only thing I didn't quite understand is why the author declares Mockito explicitly. I'm pretty sure it's brought in transitively in
spring-boot-starter-test, but either way: good post!
- A Bootiful Podcast: Dr. Kris De Volder on Spring Tools, VS Code, and so much more
- Connect to Multiple Databases Using Spring Data Mongodb
- End-to-end tracing with OpenTelemetry
- I love this article by Hashicorp's Rosemary Wang on refreshable secrets for Kubernetes Applications with Vault Agent
- Microsoft is committed to the success of Java developers
- Price Reduction - Azure Spring Apps does more, costs less!
- The Second Best Way to Fetch a Spring Data JPA DTO Projection – Java, SQL and jOOQ.
- The best way to fetch a Spring Data JPA DTO Projection - Vlad Mihalcea
- Speaking of JOOQ, did you know there's good reactive API support included? Check it out: 3.15.0 Release with Support for R2DBC, Nested ROW, ARRAY, and MULTISET types, 5 new SQL dialects, CREATE PROCEDURE, FUNCTION, and TRIGGER support and Much More
- A Bootiful Podcast: Fellow Java Champion and TimescaleDB developer advocate Christoph Engelbert
- Creating a custom Spring Cloud Gateway Filter
- Feign Client Exception Handling
- Kai Tödter has just announced version 1.6.0 of JSON:API for Spring HATEOAS
- Multitenancy With Spring Data JPA
- PKCE Support for Secret Clients with Spring Security
- Spring Batch 5.0.0-M5 is available now!
- Swagger: Specify Two Responses with the Same Response Code
- Are you building Spring Apps? Join us to learn how to build, deploy and operate Spring Apps at scale.
- So, here is VMware's stack for building a platform on the platform as kubernetes, the Tanzu Application Platform.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Visit Website More Content by Josh Long