CVE-2018-1278: Apps Manager allows unauthorized org invitations
Apps Manager included in Pivotal Application Service, versions 1.12.x prior to 1.12.22 and 2.0.x prior to 2.0.13 and 2.1.x prior to 2.1.4, contains an authorization enforcement vulnerability. A member of any org is able to create invitations to any org for which the org GUID can be discovered. Accepting this invitation gives unauthorized access to view the member list, domains, quotas and other information about the org.
Affected VMware Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Pivotal Application Service:
- 2.1.x versions prior to 2.1.4
- 2.0.x versions prior to 2.0.13
- 1.12.x versions prior to 1.12.22
Users of affected versions should apply the following mitigation:
- Releases that have fixed this issue include:
- Pivotal Application Service: 2.1.4, 2.0.13, 1.12.22
2018-05-10: Initial vulnerability report published