Confluent provides a Helm chart interface and a Kubernetes Operator to deploy the Confluent Platform on TKGI.
Confluent Operator directly addresses the challenges of running Apache Kafka on TKGI, and offers the following features across all Confluent Platform components:
- Configuration for Confluent Platform clusters to achieve zero-touch provisioning.
- Deployment of clusters across multiple racks or availability zones.
- Integration with Persistent Volume Claims to store data either on local disk or network attached storage.
Cluster Management and Operations
- Automated rolling update of the Confluent Platform clusters after either a Confluent Platform version, configuration, or resource update
- Elastic scaling of Kafka clusters up or down by updating cluster configuration.
- Restoration of a Kafka node to a pod with the same broker id, configuration, and Persistent volumes when a Kafka pod dies
- End-to-end data completeness SLA monitoring with Control Center
- Exposes Prometheus metrics for additional alerting and monitoring