Operators download the service and install on their Tanzu Application Service installations. Once the service is successfully installed and configured, the exposed service plans are made available to developers through the Service Marketplace.
- MySQL for Tanzu offers on-demand, dedicated instance plans.
- On-Demand plans are operator-configured and enabled. Once enabled, application developers can provision a MySQL instance from a plan.
- Developers can create and destroy instances and bind and unbind them to their applications via the App Manager or cf CLI.
- Operators can configure periodic full backups to storage of their choosing. Operators can restore data to specific instances as needed.
- Operators can automatically update all deployed service instances to latest version of software when updating MySQL for Tanzu to a new version.
The MySQL for Tanzu service is available on the Network.