The Operator downloads the AWS Service Broker for VMware Tanzu Application Service (TAS) from GitHub and installs the tile using Ops Manager. There are some prerequisites that must be configured in advance.
The AWS Service Broker for VMware Tanzu uses a DynamoDB table as a persistent store for service instances metadata.
Developers need to target the specific org and space for deployment before creating resources. The Tanzu Service Broker for AWS communicates to AWS via the AWS API and creates or deletes the service instance, returning the necessary credentials on a “cf bind-service” command.
The AWS Service Broker currently supports the following AWS services:
- Security KMS, S3
- Networking and Content Delivery Route 53
- Machine Learning Rekognition, Translate, Polly, Lex
- Databases RDS for PostgreSQL, RDS for MariaDB, RDS for MySQL, ElastiCache, DynamoDB, RedShift, Aurora MySQL, Aurora PostgreSQL, RDS for Oracle, RDS for Microsoft SQL Server
- Application Integration SNS, SQS
- Analytics Kinesis Data Streams, Athena, EMR