USN-3532-1: GDK-PixBuf vulnerabilities
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04
It was discovered that GDK-PixBuf incorrectly handled certain gif images. An attacker could use this to execute arbitrary code. This issue only affected Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. (CVE-2017-1000422)
Ariel Zelivansky discovered that GDK-PixBuf incorrectly handled certain images. An attacker could use this to cause a denial of service. (CVE-2017-6312, CVE-2017-6313)
Ariel Zelivansky discovered that GDK-PixBuf incorrectly handled large TIFF files. An attacker could use this to cause a denial of service. (CVE-2017-6314)
CVEs contained in this USN include: CVE-2017-1000422, CVE-2017-6312, CVE-2017-6313, CVE-2017-6314
Affected VMware Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Vulnerable Cloud Foundry components individually listed here.
- Pivotal Application Service includes vulnerable container rootfs in the following releases:
- 2.0.x versions prior to 2.0.4
- PCF Isolation Segment includes vulnerable container rootfs in the following releases:
- 2.0.x versions prior to 2.0.3
Users of affected versions should apply the following mitigation:
- The Cloud Foundry security team recommends upgrading BOSH stemcells and/or other OSS components listed here if applicable.
- Upgrade Pivotal products that use earlier versions of CF components to new Pivotal releases using new versions linked above. On the Pivotal Network product page for each release, check the Depends On section and/or Release Notes for this information.
- Releases that have fixed this issue include:
- Pivotal Application Service: 2.0.4
- PCF Isolation Segment: 2.0.3