USN-2865-1 GnuTLS vulnerability
- Ubuntu 14.04
Karthikeyan Bhargavan and Gaetan Leurent discovered that GnuTLS incorrectly allowed MD5 to be used for TLS 1.2 connections. If a remote attacker were able to perform a man-in-the-middle attack, this flaw could be exploited to view sensitive information.
The Cloud Foundry project released a BOSH stemcell version 3146.3 that has the patched version of the Linux kernel. A new Cloud Foundry rootfs was also released, cflinuxfs2 v.1.27.0, that has the patches.
Pivotal is releasing an updated version of Pivotal Cloud Foundry Suite which references this patched BOSH stemcell and CF rootfs.
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry BOSH stemcells prior to 3146.3 are vulnerable.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs2 prior to v.1.27.0.
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry Elastic Runtime pre-1.5.11 versions and 1.6.x versions prior to 1.6.11.
- Pivotal Ops Manager pre-1.5.12 versions and 1.6.x versions prior to 1.6.7.
- Pivotal MySQL pre-1.6.5 versions and 1.7.x versions prior to 1.7.2.
- Pivotal Redis pre-1.4.16 versions and 1.5.x versions prior to 1.5.5.
- Pivotal GemFire SSC pre-22.214.171.124 versions and pre-126.96.36.199 versions.
- Pivotal RabbitMQ pre-1.5.3 versions.
- Pivotal Ops Metrics pre-1.4.10 versions and pre-1.6.4 versions.
Users of affected versions should apply the following mitigation:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with BOSH stemcells 3146.3 or later versions and cflinuxfs2 v.1.27.0 or later versions.
- Pivotal recommends that customers upgrade to the 1.5.9 or later 1.5.x versions or the 1.6.6 or later versions of Pivotal Cloud Foundry Elastic Runtime.
- 1.5.12 or later 1.5.x versions or the 1.6.7 or later versions of Pivotal Ops Manager.
- 1.6.5 or later 1.6.x versions or the 1.7.2 or later versions of Pivotal MySQL.
- 188.8.131.52 or later 1.1.0.x versions or the 184.108.40.206 or later versions of Pivotal GemFire SSC.
- 1.4.16 or later 1.4.x versions and 1.5.5 or later versions of Pivotal Redis.
- 1.5.3 or later versions of RabbitMQ.
- The 1.4.10 or later 1.4.x versions or the 1.6.4 or later versions of Pivotal Ops Metrics.
Karthikeyan Bhargavan and Gaetan Leurent