Experience best practices building cloud-native applications in a hands-on setting with Pivotal educators and consultants. The program is focused on enabling customers and partners through “doing it” rather than “talking about it”.
The PAL teaches developers and architects how to build and architect cloud-native software and covers the following topics; Tanzu Application Service, greenfield cloud-native development, end state reference architectures, replatforming, modernization.
Who should attend
- Developers and Lead Developers
- Experience building and deploying modern software; i.e. TDD, CI/CD, and Refactoring. Familiarity with design patterns, domain driven design, component based architecture, and evolutionary architecture.
- Experience developing apps using: ASP.NET Web Forms and MVC. Windows services and console apps .NET Core.
What you'll learn
At the end of the training, students will have been exposed to and worked with:
- Understand what Cloud Foundry is, and how it runs apps.
- Learn about key app-centric Cloud Foundry constructs: app, manifest, buildpack, service instance, binding, domain, route, environment variables.
- Experience common impediments to running an app on Cloud Foundry, and overcome them.
- Learn how to identify, codify, and make use of reusable patterns for building applications. Understand distributed system development / architectures.
- Learn how to evolve monolithic apps (i.e. understand when and how to break out microservices from the monolith).