CVE-2019-11276: Apps Manager sends tokens to Spring apps via HTTP
Pivotal Cloud Foundry
Pivotal Apps Manager, included in Pivotal Application Service versions 2.3.x prior to 2.3.16, 2.4.x prior to 2.4.12, 2.5.x prior to 2.5.8, and 2.6.x prior to 2.6.3, makes a request to the /cloudapplication endpoint via Spring actuator, and subsequent requests via unsecured http. An adjacent unauthenticated user could eavesdrop on the network traffic and gain access to the unencrypted token allowing the attacker to read the type of access a user has over an app. They may also modify the logging level, potentially leading to lost information that would otherwise have been logged.
Affected VMware Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Pivotal Application Service
- 2.3.x versions prior to 2.3.16
- 2.4.x versions prior to 2.4.12
- 2.5.x versions prior to 2.5.8
- 2.6.x versions prior to 2.6.3
Users of affected versions should apply the following mitigation:
- Releases that have fixed this issue include:
- Pivotal Application Service 2.3.16, 2.4.12, 2.5.8, 2.6.3
2019-08-16: Initial vulnerability report published