This course offers experience with Spring Boot and its major features, including auto-configuration, Actuator, Spring Boot testing framework and more. On completion, participants will have a foundation for creating enterprise and cloud-ready applications. Please note that this course is a subset of the material in our 4-day Spring: Core Training course - there is no need to take both courses. This course is recommended if you have a good working knowledge of Spring Basics (see Prerequisites) but are new to Spring Boot.
Who should attend
- Application developers who want to increase their understanding of Spring and Spring Boot and a focus on fundamentals.
- A good working knowledge on web application development using Java and an IDE (Eclipse, STS or IntelliJ).
- Basic understanding of Spring: Java Config, component- scanning, Spring driven testing and Spring data-management (JdbcTemplate, @Transactional).
- Experience using Java and build tools such as Maven or Gradle.
What you'll learn
By the end of the training, students will:
- Describe the benefits provided by Spring Boot
- Initialize a project using Spring Boot Starters
- Leverage Spring Boot's auto configuration features
- Create simplified backing-store solutions using Spring Data JPA
- Build a simple MVC application using Spring Boot, embedded Web Server and fat JARs or classic WARs
- Build a RESTful Web application
- Use Spring Security to secure Web and REST endpoints
- Enable and extend metrics and monitoring capabilities using Spring Boot actuator
- Leverage advance configuration capabilities
- Utilize Spring Boot enhancements to testing