Portworx provides a Helm chart interface and a Kubernetes Operator to deploy Portworx Enterprise on TKGI.
Portworx Enterprise directly addresses the challenges of running stateful services like databases and other data-rich applications on TKGI, and offers the following features across all Portworx Enterprise platform components:
PX-Store - Scalable Persistent Storage for Kubernetes
Purpose-built for containers, PX-Store provides cloud native storage for applications running in the cloud, on-premises, and in hybrid/multi-cloud environments.
- Container-optimized volumes with elastic scaling for no application downtime
- High Availability across nodes, racks, and availability zones so you can failover in seconds
- Multi-writer shared volumes across multiple containers
- Storage-aware class-of-service (COS) and application-aware I/O tuning
PX-Security - Container data security without compromise
With PX-Security encryption and access controls, you can move securely at the speed of Kubernetes.
- Cluster-wide encryption
- Container-level or Storage Class based BYOK
- Role-based access control for authorization, authentication, and ownership
- Integrates with Active Directory and LDAP
PX-Data Management - Complete control over your Kubernetes data no matter where it lives.
PX-Data Management includes:
- Multi-cloud/multi-cluster application migrations
- Snapshot-based backup to any cloud
- Application-consistent snapshots
PX-DR - Data protection for mission-critical apps
PX-DR extends the data protection included in PX-Store with Zero RPO Disaster Recovery for data centers in a metropolitan area as well as continuous backups across the WAN for an even greater level of protection.
- Multi-site synchronous replication for Zero RPO DR across a metro area
- Multi-site asynchronous replication for DR across a wide area network (WAN)
- All DR policies can be set at the container-granular level
PX-Backup - What backup for Kubernetes should be
PX-Backup allows you to capture entire applications, including data, application configuration and Kubernetes objects, and move them to any backup location at the click of a button. Recover entire applications just as easily.
- Continuous backups across global data centers
- Point-and-click recovery for any Kubernetes app
- Backup and recover cloud volumes from Amazon, Microsoft and Google
- Fulfill your compliance and governance responsibilities with a single pane of glass for all your containerized applications
PX-Central - Centralized monitoring, metrics, and data management interface for Portworx Enterprise.
- Multi-cluster management UI
- Proactive centralized monitoring
- Cluster setup/installation