USN-2829-1 Linux kernel vulnerability
- Ubuntu 14.04
It was discovered that the SCTP protocol implementation in the Linux kernel performed an incorrect sequence of protocol-initialization steps. A local attacker could use this to cause a denial of service (system crash). (CVE-2015-5283)
Dmitry Vyukov discovered that the Linux kernel's keyring handler attempted to garbage collect incompletely instantiated keys. A local unprivileged attacker could use this to cause a denial of service (system crash). (CVE-2015-7872)
The Cloud Foundry project released a BOSH stemcell version 3146.1 and 3149 that has the patched version of the Linux kernel.
Pivotal is releasing an updated version of Pivotal Cloud Foundry Suite which references this patched BOSH stemcell.
Affected VMware Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry BOSH stemcells prior to 3149 are vulnerable, besides patched versions of 3146.x.
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry Elastic Runtime pre-1.5.9 versions and 1.6.x versions prior to 1.6.9.
- Pivotal Ops Manager pre-1.5.11 versions and 1.6.x versions prior to 1.6.6.
- Pivotal Redis pre-1.4.15 versions and 1.5.x versions prior to 1.5.4.
- Pivotal GemFire SSC pre-126.96.36.199 versions and 1.1.x versions before 188.8.131.52.
- Pivotal RabbitMQ pre-1.5.2 versions.
- Pivotal Ops Metrics pre-1.4.9 versions, all 1.5.x versions, and all 1.6.x versions prior to 1.6.2.
Users of affected versions should apply the following mitigation:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with BOSH stemcells 3149 or later versions, or patched 3146.x versions.
- Pivotal recommends that customers upgrade to the 1.5.10 or later 1.5.x versions or the 1.6.9 or later versions of Pivotal Cloud Foundry Elastic Runtime.
- 1.5.11 or later 1.5.x versions or the 1.6.6 or later versions of Pivotal Ops Manager.
- 184.108.40.206 or later versions of Pivotal GemFire SSC and 220.127.116.11 or later 1.1.0.x versions.
- 1.4.15 or later 1.4.x versions and 1.5.4 or later versions of Pivotal Redis.
- 1.5.2 or later versions of RabbitMQ.
- The 1.4.9 or later 1.4.x versions or the 1.6.2 or later versions of Pivotal Ops Metrics.