App Metrics stores and graphically represents logs, metrics, and event data from applications running on VMware Tanzu to help engineers better understand application health and performance. With App Metrics, engineers diagnose system failures and related issues in minutes, not hours!
Quickly diagnose system failure and latency
Metrics, logs, and event data are aggregated and displayed via intuitive, interactive visualizations.
Accurately identify issues with complete data
App Metrics stores logs, metrics, and event data from applications running on Tanzu Application Service to help app developers better understand application health/performance and diagnose and resolve issues efficiently.
Make every engineer a better troubleshooter
To accelerate incident resolution times, SREs need context. Engineers no longer need intimate knowledge of the holistic system to find issues.
Troubleshooting App Health and Performance with App Metrics
App Metrics helps operators and developers better understand the health and performance of all apps running on the platform. The module helps teams answer these questions:
- What went wrong and when? Application metrics provide the answer. Metrics reveals the time window when high network latency occurs and average response times.
- Why did it go wrong? Logs and metrics—such as API calls, exact response times, and parameters passed—together usually provide enough information to figure out why latency occurred.
App Metrics displays the following:
- Container Metrics: A visual graph of CPU, memory, and disk usage percentages
- Network Metrics: A visual graph of requests, HTTP errors, and response times
- Application Events: A visual graph of update, start, stop, crash, and SSH
- Logs: A list of application logs that can be searched, filtered, and downloaded for further interrogation
Leggi la documentazione