This course provides students with the concepts and experience needed to work with and deploy applications on Tanzu Application Service. Students will gain experience in pushing apps to Cloud Foundry, accessing logs, and scaling.
Students will explore topics directly related to the design and running of cloud-native applications, including microservice architectures, blue-green deployments, and continuous delivery.
This course prepares students for the Cloud Foundry Foundation Developer certification exam.
Who should attend
- Application developers seeking introductory understanding of Cloud Foundry and experience using it to deploy, manage, and scale applications.
- Understanding of application development and deployment. This course is aimed at developers regardless of your development language of choice. No specific programming language is needed or assumed.
What you'll learn
At the end of the training, you should have an understanding of the following:
- Understand the differences between traditional IT provisioning, Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service
- Explain organizations, spaces, routes, services (managed, user defined), manifests, buildpacks, applications and droplets
- Identify TAS components: Router, Cloud Controller, Health Manager, Loggregator and Cells
- Deploy pre-existing applications to TAS, obtain logs, debug deployment issues, scale, start, stop, bind to services
- Use the command-line interface to work with TAS
- Understand the impact of the cloud environment on application architecture
- Perform zero-downtime deployments
- Understand the role of services in TAS, gain experience using one or more examples
- Understand the purpose of buildpacks, gain experience specifying buildpacks and making configuration changes
- Understand and gain experience with third-party log management, Application Performance Monitoring
- Understand and gain experience with Continuous Delivery tools that integrate with TAS