Golang 1.4.3 CVE Fixes
- Golang v1.4.2 and lower
Several security issues were fixed in Go’s net / http package.
The CVE issue descriptions and fixes are linked below:
- CVE-2015-5739 - 'Content Length' treated as valid header: https://go-review.googlesource.com/#/c/11772/
- CVE-2015-5740 - Double content-length headers does not return 400 error: https://go-review.googlesource.com/#/c/11810/
- CVE-2015-5741 - Additional hardening, not sending Content-Length w/Transfer-Encoding, Closing connections:
Affected VMware Products and Versions
Severity is low unless otherwise noted.
- BOSH: All versions of Cloud Foundry BOSH stemcells prior to v3094 are vulnerable to the aforementioned CVE.
- Cloud Foundry Runtime: all versions of cf-release prior to 219 are vulnerable to the aforementioned CVEs.
- Go Buildpack: all versions of the buildpack prior to 1.6.2 contain a vulnerable version of Go.
- Products in the PCF Suite which reference BOSH stemcell v3093 or earlier are vulnerable to the aforementioned CVE:
- Ops Manager v1.5.6 or earlier
- Elastic Runtime v1.5.5 or earlier
- MySQL for Pivotal Cloud Foundry v1.6.2 or earlier
- Session State Caching Powered by Pivotal GemFire v1.0.2 or earlier
- RabbitMQ for Pivotal Cloud Foundry v1.4.4 or earlier
- Redis for Pivotal Cloud Foundry v1.4.8 or earlier
Users of affected versions should apply the following mitigation:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry Deployments using BOSH stemcell v3093 or earlier upgrade to v3094 or later, which contain the patched versions of the Linux kernel to resolve the aforementioned CVEs.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry Deployments using cf-release 218 or lower upgrade to 219 or higher to resolve the aforementioned CVEs.
- Pivotal recommends customers upgrade to the following releases in the PCF Suite:
Jed Denlea and Régis Leroy