CVE-2018-11084: Garden-runC prevents deletion of some app environments
Cloud Foundry Garden-runC release, versions prior to 1.16.1, prevents deletion of some app environments based on file attributes. A remote authenticated malicious user may create and delete apps with crafted file attributes to cause a denial of service for new app instances or scaling up of existing apps.
Affected VMware Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Pivotal Application Service
- 2.2.x versions prior to 2.2.7
- 2.1.x versions prior to 2.1.15
- Pivotal Application Service for Windows
- 2.2.x versions prior to 2.2.4
- 2.1.x versions prior to 2.1.10
- PCF Isolation Segments
- 2.2.x versions prior to 2.2.6
- 2.1.x versions prior to 2.1.13
Users of affected versions should apply the following mitigation:
- Releases that have fixed this issue include:
- Pivotal Application Service: 2.2.7, 2.1.15
- Pivotal Application Service for WIndows: 2.2.4, 2.1.10
- PCF Isolation Segments: 2.2.6, 2.1.13
2018-08-10: Initial vulnerability report published.
2018-09-07: Updated CVE ID. Prior version referenced CVE-2018-11048, which is incorrect.