Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! It?s October 4th, 2022, and I?m in Austin, TX, for the new version of show formerly known as the Kafka Summit, here to talk to folks about the amazing opportunities for Spring Boot and Apache Kafka. On the 12th, I?ll be in Antwerp, Belgium, for the amazing Devoxx show. On October 17-20th, I?ll be in Las Vegas, for the new version of JavaOne. And, well, there?s more but I can?t say exactly. Stay tuned!
And as for now, well, I?m excited to be here! We?ve got a ton of cool stuff to cover this week, so let?s dive right into it!
- A Bootiful Podcast: thought leader Chris Richardson (and no, I?m not using that title ironically!)
- Getting a URL Attribute Value in Thymeleaf
- RabbitMQ 3.11 Feature Preview: Super Streams
- Did you see that JobRunr has already been updated to work with Spring Boot 3.0? Now, obviously, Spring Boot 3.0 hasn?t gone GA yet, and obviouslyt there?s no word on whether the new support includes Spring Boot 3?s AOT engine, but seeing as how they already have working Spring Native support, I?d be surprised if this isn?t coming soon?!
- SEDA (Staged Event Driven Architecture) with Spring Integration and Apache Camel
- Virtual Threads: New Foundations for High-Scale Java Applications
start.junit.org is my fourth favorite place on the internet!
- Introducing Spring Boot Migrator - this looks like a thoughtful, well-laid out introduction!
- I?ve been really enjoying the niceties of Spring Boot 3?s robust AOT engine, making it dead simple to convert a Spring Boot application work with GraalVM native images. Check out this Git repository for a pretty detailed example using Spring Boot, Apache Kafka, Spring Integration, and Spring Cloud Stream with GraalVM. You can git clone that and then run
mvn -Pnative -DskipTests clean package to get the application as a native binary. there are still months yet before Spring Boot 3 GA, so the fact that everything works as well as it does is amazing!
Want to meet more amazing people in our ecosystem, like Chris? SpringOne 2022 is almost here! I feel like it?s that anxious, exciting time before, sort of important holiday where you get given gifts! And with it, Spring Boot 3 and Spring Framework 6. We?re going to be announcing everything right here on the Spring blog, of course, but if you want a chance to learn from the source, then I hope you?ll join us 6-8 December 2022, right here in my hometown of San Francisco, my favorite west coast city in the USA, and my hometown. (Psst.: If you register now, there?s a $200 discount from the pass price with this code