Hi, Spring fans! Happy new year! It?s 2023 already! Who saw that comin?? I sure didn?t. This year promises to be more amazing than ever, and I can?t wait to be a part of it.
As usual, the first week of January is when we mark the date of the first installment of this humble roundup, This Week in Spring, waaaay back in the first week of January 2011! 12 years of This Week in Spring! Now that?s consistency!
And it?s only possible because of you, dear community. Thank you. You, who have been consistently excellent every week of the year for years and years, are truly the reason for the season, and we appreciate you. This week is no exception! There?s a ton of great content, so let?s kick the year off right!
- First, I?ll be speaking at the Atlanta JUG on the 16th of this month, by the by, so please join me, and we?ll dive headfirst into Spring in 2023!
- Last week, I had the pleasure of interviewing my friend, and teammate, the legendary DaShaun Carter on a Bootiful Podcast
- I love this post by Rafael Winterhalter (create of ByteBuddy and Bootiful Podcast guest on the amazing publish/subscribe capabilities of PostgreSQL. I love PostgreSQL. But then he goes even further, turning the mechanism into support in Spring Integration. He explains everything in this epic post, Using Postgres as a Message Queue
- Create a new Git branch with no history - not strictly speaking Spring-related, but I thought it was interesting. Unless you?re not using Git? I suppose.
- NonUniqueResultException in Spring Data JPA
- Observability with Spring Boot 3
- Oddity with
shutdown methods in Spring Boot 3 AOT and GraalVM
- Spring Boot (3) Spring Native (GraalVM) with Kubernetes & Istio?
- Using Watermarks with iText in Java
- Blog: Kubernetes 1.26: Job Tracking, to Support Massively Parallel Batch Workloads, Is Generally Available
- Blog: Kubernetes v1.26: Advancements in Kubernetes Traffic Engineering
- Blog: Kubernetes v1.26: Alpha support for cross-namespace storage data sources