CVE-2018-11086: CF admin credentials accessible to developers through usage service
Pivotal Usage Service in Pivotal Application Service, versions 2.0 prior to 2.0.21 and 2.1 prior to 2.1.13 and 2.2 prior to 2.2.5, contains a bug which may allow escalation of privileges. A space developer with access to the system org may be able to access an artifact which contains the CF admin credential, allowing them to escalate to an admin role.
Affected VMware Products and Versions
Severity is critical unless otherwise noted.
- Pivotal Application Service
- 2.2.x versions prior to 2.2.5
- 2.1.x versions prior to 2.1.13
- 2.0.x versions prior to 2.0.21
Users of affected versions should apply the following mitigation:
- Releases that have fixed this issue include:
- Pivotal Application Service: 2.2.5, 2.1.13, 2.0.21
This vulnerability was responsibly reported by Pivotal.
2018-09-13: Initial vulnerability report published.