- Pivotal today announced that it has expanded the non-profit Cloud Foundry Foundation by welcoming 16 new companies that have signed membership applications to join the Foundation as Silver level members, bringing the total sponsorship of the Foundation to 33. They represent the latest sponsors helping to create an open ecosystem to foster the growth and development of the Cloud Foundry community.
- The new Silver Members are Alpine Data Labs, Altoros, Anchora, Anynines, AppDynamics, Azul Systems, Blue Box, Canonical, CloudCredo, Docker, jFrog, MongoDB, Piston Cloud Computing, Redis Labs, Stark & Wayne and Telus.
- Earlier this year, Pivotal created a formal, open governance model for Cloud Foundry, led initially by EMC, HP, IBM, Pivotal, Rackspace, SAP and VMware, each of whom recognize that a collective effort from across the technology and other industries will spur the development and growth of a truly open enterprise Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that is agile, flexible and easy to use.
- The community and sponsors will gather for the Cloud Foundry Summit this June 9-11, 2014 in San Francisco, where dedicated community members will share information, exchange ideas and influence the future direction of the leading Open Source Platform-as-a-Service. Register at http://cfsummit.com.
San Francisco, May 29, 2014 – Pivotal, the software company at the intersection of big data, PaaS and agile development, today announced that 16 Silver level members have committed to join the Cloud Foundry® Foundation, completing the latest round of sponsors who will make up the Foundation’s first members when it is formed this Fall. The quick and rapid formation of the Foundation members demonstrates the appetite for a multi-cloud platform-as-a-service as key to a new computing architecture that will help businesses succeed in the era of the cloud. The Foundation now has companies across technology, retail, telecom and finance industries.
“Support of Cloud Foundry from its exciting technology and industry users will ensure that the open PaaS movement supports the growth and evolution of a new cloud architecture built for today’s enterprises,” said Leo Spiegel, senior vice president, corporate development, Pivotal. “The great user experience created through Cloud Foundry, supported by a broad ecosystem, is giving rise to applications and services that will have a wide-reaching impact on people and the world at large.”
The non-profit Cloud Foundry Foundation expands the spirit and community effort to evolve and extend Cloud Foundry, the leading enterprise platform-as-a-service from Pivotal. Each new Silver level sponsor will advise on Foundation objectives and provide resources to grow the community and its ecosystem. The new Silver Foundation members have signed membership applications until the foundation formally launches in the Fall of 2014.
Quotes and Blogs from Cloud Foundry Foundation Silver Members
Read supporting quotes from the new Silver members here.
Read the supporting blogs:
- Blue Box
- Piston Cloud
- Redis Labs
- Stark & Wayne
- Blog by Pivotal Senior Vice President Leo Spiegel What the Cloud Foundry Foundation’s New Silver Lining Says About Open Platforms
- Press release: Pivotal Names Eight Additional Organizations that Intend to Join the Cloud Foundry Foundation
- May 1, 2014 blog from Pivotal Senior Vice President Leo Spiegel – New Fellow Travelers Join the Cloud Foundry Foundation Mission
- February 2014 blog post by Pivotal CEO Paul Maritz – The Evolution and Acceleration of the Open PaaS Movement
Cloud Foundry is the leading open platform-as-a-service, providing an open ecosystem of developer frameworks and application services. Cloud Foundry makes it faster and easier to build, test, deploy and scale applications. Cloud Foundry is an Apache 2.0 licensed project, stewarded by Pivotal and available on Github: https://github.com/cloudfoundry. To learn more about Cloud Foundry, visit http://www.cloudfoundry.org/.
VMware Tanzu portfolio is a family of products and services for modernizing your applications and infrastructure to deliver better software to production.
©2014 Pivotal Software, Inc. All rights reserved. Pivotal and Cloud Foundry are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Pivotal Software, Inc. in the United States and/or other Countries.
This release contains 'forward-looking statements' as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.’s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in the filings EMC Corporation, the parent company of Pivotal, with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC and Pivotal disclaim any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.