Enable developers to quickly get started with preconfigured templates for cloud native patterns.
Häufig gestellte Fragen
What is VMware Tanzu Application Platform?
Tanzu Application Platform is a modular, application-aware platform that runs on any compliant public cloud or on-premises Kubernetes cluster. It delivers a superior multi-cloud developer experience with a prepaved path to production including all the needed components preconfigured for developer teams to build and deploy software quickly and securely. It’s a composable platform that teams can customize based on their organization’s preferences and changing business needs.
What are the leading capabilities of Tanzu Application Platform?
Tanzu Application Platform works across any Kubernetes to simplify the developer and operator experience. It provides an ideal end-to-end, streamlined DevOps experience so teams can:
- Jumpstart application development. Developers get a sane starting place for their cloud native apps with application accelerators. These templates include skeleton code, configurations, and cloud native patterns combined with an organization’s best practices and security policies.
- Boost developer velocity. Developers get a consistent graphical user interface (GUI) to underlining services and APIs, making them easy to discover and integrate with other apps. Developers can work right in their integrated development environment (IDE) with Tanzu Application Platform developer tools. They can debug a running container on any Kubernetes cluster (running locally or on a managed Kubernetes cluster) and quickly update code in a running container, enabling them to quickly test and iterate.
- Accelerate the path to production. No more “wall of YAML” for deploying apps to Kubernetes. Operators can use the Supply Chain Choreographer to create preapproved paths to production and can customize it to bring their own opinions to meet business needs. In addition, the build service uses Cloud Native Buildpacks to automatically create containers from validated building blocks and update them with no manual intervention. All of this reduces friction for developers and enables a stronger security posture.
What are the benefits of Tanzu Application Platform?
With Tanzu Application Platform, you can deliver revenue-generating applications to market more quickly because your developers can spend more time building great software instead of toiling and stitching components together. Your products will also be more secure, which not only saves you cost by avoiding downtime, but also avoids significant damage to your brand.
Realizing the value of Kubernetes can be an elusive endeavor. With Tanzu Application Platform, you can realize economies of scale from your multi-cloud Kubernetes platform. Delivering a prepaved path to production and a superior, end-to-end multi-cloud developer experience on Kubernetes Tanzu Application Platform lets you:
- Make your developers happy. Enable developers to quickly get started with preconfigured templates for cloud native patterns and instant access to dev tooling to rapidly iterate and debug code.
- Bring your own opinions. Automate the entire app deployment with a built-in secure software supply chain that’s composable and customizable, so app teams can bring their own opinions and swap components to meet their business needs.
- Embody DevOps for a smooth path to production. Establish a clear separation of concern between developers and operators for seamless handoff of application from development to production.
Who uses Tanzu Application Platform?
Tanzu Application Platform provides development teams a prepaved path to production to get code running on Kubernetes in a multi-cloud environment enabling security and scale. It’s an application-aware platform that is modular so app teams can customize it based on their organization’s preferences.
Developers: Starting with the templates, developers turn source code into a container and get a URL to test their app in minutes. Once the container is built, updating it happens automatically every time there’s a new code commit or dependency patch. And connecting to other applications and data—regardless of how they’re built or what kind of infrastructure they run on—has never been easier thanks to an internal API management portal.
Operators: Operators can configure the supply chain with baked-in security and compliance guardrails, making those considerations mostly invisible for developers to take the committed code to production. Operators can use the supply chain choreographer to create preapproved paths to production and can also customize it by swapping components in to bring their own expert opinions and to meet changing business needs.
What is Supply Chain Choreographer?
The Supply Chain Choreographer allows app operators to create preapproved paths to production, integrating Kubernetes resources and their existing toolchains (e.g., Jenkins). These preapproved supply chains create paved roads to production, orchestrating supply chain components (test, build, scan, and deploy) and allowing developers to focus on delivering value to their users while also providing app operators with the peace of mind that all code in production has passed through an approved workflow. Although strong defaults make it easier to get started, if one of VMware’s choices of components doesn’t work for you, app operators can swap out components based on their organization's requirements and preferences.