While the tech industry produces so much of the world’s innovations, diversity remains a challenge at all levels ranging from startups to world-renowned enterprises.
In the fourth installment of VMware’s Engage and Empower series — where we dive into various facets of diversity and inclusion in the tech industry — we are hosting a panel focused on empowering the LGBTQ+ community in tech.
The panelists include Ellie Tumbuan, Head of Strategy and Culture at The Justice Collective; Molly Crowther, Senior Technical Program Manager at VMware Tanzu; Andy McAdams, Senior Manager, Product Management at VMware Carbon Black & Pride@VMware Thought Leadership Global Lead at VMware; John Grosshandler, Modern Applications Specialist at VMware & Founder of The GenderCool Project; and the conversation will be moderated by Joe Zollo, Staff Engineer, Site Reliability & PRIDE@VMware Global Communications Co-Chair at VMware.
The discussion will dive into:
- How the panelists built a career in tech
- The challenges the LGBTQ+ community face in tech
- Resources for Queer folks starting their careers or working in tech
- How companies can create a welcoming culture for employees in the LGBTQ+ community
- How allies can create inclusivity for the LGBTQ+ community in the workplace
Wednesday, June 23, 2021 @ 10AM PT | LinkedIn Live