Hi Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! In the US, Monday was a public holiday so today, Tuesday, feels a bit like Monday and i was happily going through the Monday motions and then I got a reminder that I had to write this week’s installment! Ooops! Thank goodness for technology.
I’m at San Francisco International Airport about to board a fight for the Washington DC edition of the SpringOne Tour. Are you going to be in Washington DC? Reach out and say hi! My direct messages on Twitter are correct, too
Then, it’s off to Kansas City, KS/MO for, among other things, an appearance at the Kansas City JUG this Thursday, February 21, 2019. Again: join us!
Alright my friends, we’ve got tons to get to, so let’s:
- Introducing java-cfenv: A new library for accessing Cloud Foundry Services
- Spring Boot 2.1.3 available now
- WATCH: In last week’s installment of Spring Tips, I looked at Apache Geode, a.k.a. Gemfire, the grooviest distributed data grid you’ve never heard of. Don’t miss this!
- LISTEN: in last week’s installment of A Bootiful Podcast, I Interview Spring Contributor and Learning Spring Boot 2.0 author Greg Turnquist
- Spring Security 5.1.4 Released
- Spring Data Lovelace SR5 released
- Spring Framework 5.1.5 available now
- Spring Framework ninja Sébastien Deleuze shares that the first part of Kotlin Coroutines support has been merged in Spring Framework master branch and is now available in SNAPSHOT builds.
- Don’t miss Madhura Bhave’s Spring I/O talk on breaking the magician’s code: diving deeper into Spring Boot Internals
- Johannes Edmeier has announced Codecentric Spring Boot Admin 2.0.5 has been released
- A nice post with the top 5 Spring Boot features every developer should know
- Dan Newton has a nice post on asynchronous (reactive) data access with Spring Data R2DBC
- I love this writeup of Rabobank, a great example of a well-established business with highly functioning IT infrastructure )
- Check this talk from Christoph Strobl on InfoQ about what’s new in Spring Data
- I’d love to see a Women Who Spring meetup in the San Francisco, Bay Area, and if you’d like that too then please reply or direct message Spring Boot team member and engineer Madhura Bhave
- Matt Raible and I want to propose an epic talk to SpringOne Platform 2019. Don’t you? Check out our video!
- This is cool. Some sample code demonstrating a Spring Cloud Config Server connected to the Spring Cloud event bus
- the Baeldung blog has a nice post on creating SOAP-based web services with Spring WS and Spring Boot
- Matt Raible and I demonstrated how to build reactive Spring Boot applications in this long tutorial from last year. We also demonstrated how to test those applications, so follow along if you want to learn more about testing!
- Have you submitted your talks for Spring I/O 2019, in beautiful Barcelona, Spain? HURRY!
- The Redis Lettuce driver 5.1.4.RELEASE is now available
- There’s a particular issue with Kotlin and Java interoperability that prevents Spring Data repositories working with natural IDs. Please vote for this issue to show your support for seeing it fixed
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Visit Website More Content by Josh Long