At Pivotal Labs, one of the services we provide our clients is helping them interview and hire. Pivotal Labs and our clients place a strong emphasis on Agile development and its many aspects: Pair Programming, Test-Driven Development, rapid iterations, and frequent refactoring.
Below is the description for a Ruby developer position for Post+Beam, who connect with audiences by listening to their needs, and influencers by understanding their vision. The result is innovation: new products, experiences and processes. Our expertise in communication gets the word out.
Post+Beam is hiring senior Ruby on Rails developers – here’s why you want to work there:
You will be building web applications and designing websites for clients across multiple industries that integrate with various platforms and third party APIs. This requires rock solid RoR development skills and the ability to work fluidly with a design team.
You will be working for an incubator of funded startups, backed by years of agency experience in PR, marketing, design, and development. This is a fast-paced position that focuses on mobile and web development in multiple industries. As such, your will role will have a heavy stake in product development.
You will be expected to participate in all phases of our software development life cycle to convert concepts and specifications into released web applications and websites. You will be the lead developer at our SF office and work collaboratively with our other offices and realize this is not a managerial position.
Location and Relocation
Our offices are in beautiful South Park in San Francisco. We are very interested in people looking to relocate to join our team.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 1-3+ years of RoR experience
- A proven record of web applications and websites (please provide a link to your portfolio)
- Obsessive about UI and UX standards
- Experience with deploying and maintaining cloud hosted websites
- Ability to produce high quality, well-documented BDD code
- Experience in NoSQL/mySQL databases and database performance tuning
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Heroku
- Deep knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- Strong grasp of client-side code (HTML, CSS, JS, JQuery, AJAX)
- Experience with server side API’s
- Grasp of algorithms, memory management, object oriented programming, and concurrent programming
- Strong experience optimizing code for application performance
- A strong understanding of iterative development cycles
- Social network API integration experience
- Reliable with strong communication skills
- Strong attention to details
- Self-driven with an ambitious mentality
- Participation with the larger professional RoR community and forums
- Experience with Social API’s (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Experience with scalability
We pay special attention to those that are looking to create the new, not just re-purpose the old. Special consideration will be given to those that show entrepreneurial spirit, are looking to mold the organization, and help create a better agile development environment.
Candidates should have solid communication skills: on one hand they should be able to “speak truth to power” but at the same time be able to listen to and understand strategic business, design and user needs.
Salary and Compensation
Based on experience, talent and ability to innovate and communicate. Strong bonus tied to delivery of successful startups in the incubator.
About the Author