At Pivotal Labs, one of the services we provide our clients is helping them interview and hire. Pivotal Labs and our clients place a strong emphasis on Agile development and its many aspects: Pair Programming, Test-Driven Development, rapid iterations, and frequent refactoring.
Rails and Mobile Developer
The American Thrombosis and Hemostasis Network (ATHN) is the coordinating body for a not for profit network of a 100+ blood disorder treatment centers. ATHN provides centralized technology solutions to support the research into and management of rare blood disorders. ATHN is building web and mobile management and research applications designed to improve the health and treatment of these rare blood disorders.
We are looking for a developer to create cutting edge mobile and web tools to collect, organize and analyze Big Data (ATHN has treatment data for hemophilia going back more than 30 years). Responsibilities include interpreting requirements to identify, evaluate and implement technical solutions.
ATHN’s technical team is close-knit unit, lead by ATHN’s Director of Operations. All team members work remotely from their homes. We rely heavily on Skype, Pivotal Tracker and other collaboration tools to stay in touch. If working with a dedicated group of technology professionals and helping improve the lives of tens of thousands of patients appeals to you, we urge to you apply.
- Self motivation and the capability to operate independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 1+ years experience building with the Ruby language and the Rails framework, be proficient with the entire Ruby on Rails stack
- 1+ years experience building native iPhone applications, be proficient with Objective-C and Cocoa Touch
- Published 1 or more apps to the App Store
- 2+ years of hands-on web development experience demonstrating:
- Sound object oriented design skills and knowledge of application architecture patterns
- Competency in Cocoa design patterns and API design
- Passionate about end-to-end and user experience design
- Proficiency with relational databases, included design and development
- Ability and desire to thrive in an Extreme Programming environment, including pair programming
In addition to the required skills, the ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Working knowledge and comfort developing UI and UX using Photoshop
- Working knowledge of test-driven development and related frameworks(preferably RSpec)
- Working knowledge of Backbone.js
- Experience with mobile development frameworks and environment ex. PhoneGap and Monotouch
- Experience building native Android Applications
- Qualifications B.A or B.S or relevant experience
Inquires can be submitted to email@example.com.
About the Author