This course provides administrators and operators with the theoretical understanding and hands-on experience needed to manually install and manage a Tanzu Installation. The course begins with an introduction to BOSH and, how to use it. This builds the foundation for installing Ops Manager and the Tanzu Application Service, configuring users, roles, and quotas, and setting up the platform for logging and monitoring. Upon completion of this course, participants will have the skills necessary to go from setup through maintenance of their organization’s cloud platform.
Who should attend
- Administrators responsible for the installation, configuration and management of a Tanzu Application Service installation.
- Access to a Linux environment or install Windows subsystem for Linux.
- Experience using the Linux command line interface.
- Permission to install software.
- Access to Google Cloud via browser and command line.
- Completion of a Cloud Foundry developer course is preferred, but not required.
What you'll learn
At the end of the training, students will be able to:
- Understand a BOSH release and how a BOSH deployment is used
- Understand the BOSH architecture and how it enables Tanzu
- Understand the Tanzu Application Service architecture and how it impacts developers
- Install Tanzu
- Create users and assign roles
- Manage org and space quotas
- Monitor Tanzu
- Use BOSH to explore, troubleshoot and deploy releases