CVE-2019-3779: Pivotal Container Service allows a user to bypass security policy when talking to ETCD
Pivotal Container Service versions 1.2.x prior to 1.2.9 and 1.3.x prior to 1.3.2, deploys Kubernetes clusters utilize the same CA (Certificate Authority) to sign and trust certs for ETCD as used by the Kubernetes API. This could allow a user authenticated with a cluster to request a signed certificate leveraging the Kubernetes CSR capability to obtain a credential that could escalate privilege access to ETCD.
Severity is high unless otherwise noted.
- Pivotal Container Service (PKS)
- 1.2.x versions prior to 1.2.9
- 1.3.x versions prior to 1.3.2
Users of affected versions should apply the following mitigation:
- Releases that have fixed this issue include:
- Pivotal Container Service (PKS) 1.2.9, 1.3.2
- There is a resource for the upgrade path available in our reference section.
2019-02-14: Initial vulnerability report published.