CVE-2015-3189 Expire old reset password links
Cloud Foundry Foundation
- cf-release versions prior to v209
- UAA versions prior to 2.2.6
Old Password Reset Links are not expired after the user changes their current email address to a new one. This vulnerability is applicable only when using the UAA internal user store for authentication. Deployments enabled for integration via SAML or LDAP are not affected.
Affected VMware Products and Versions
Severity is low unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry Runtime cf-release versions v208 or earlier are susceptible to this vulnerability
- UAA Standalone versions 2.2.5 or earlier are susceptible to this vulnerability
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry Runtime 1.4.5 or earlier
Users of affected versions should apply the following mitigation:
- The Cloud Foundry project team recommends that Cloud Foundry Runtime Deployments running Release v208 or earlier upgrade to v209 or later
- The Cloud Foundry project teams recommends that Cloud Foundry UAA standalone deployments running Release 2.2.5 or earlier upgrade to Release 2.2.6 or later
- It will be patched in a future version of Pivotal Cloud Foundry
This issue was identified by Mohammed Abdulqader Abobaker Al-saggaf and reported responsibly to the Pivotal Security Team.